Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Interlaken, Switzerland - August 2009

Here are some pictures from the trip we took in August to Interlaken, Switzerland. If you ever have the chance to go here, we would highly recommend it! It is the most beautiful place on the earth!! We had fantastic weather for our stay except for the last night when the wind and rain were pounding our tent.

Enjoy!

On the road...yep...we got bored so we took pictures. It was about a 5 hour drive.


Inside the city of Interlaken.


Interlaken


A view of the gorgeous Swiss Alps.


This is a field in the middle of downtown Interlaken. It is also the landing sight for many skydiving/hang gliding companies.


Jon was drooling when we passed by this vehicle :)


One of the lakes of Interlaken.

More scenery. The Jungfrau mountain peak in the background.


Swiss Countryside




Our 'Campground'. It was more of an R.V. resort where a bunch of Swiss, Germans, and Brits vacation. Oh, a common sight around the campground was a lot of old men walking around in only boxers. Yeah, a little too revealing ... they really needed to cover up more.


Jon and I rode a series of 4 cable cars to get to the top of Schilthorn. It cost quite a bit, but the memories and the views were priceless.


Jon inside of the cable car.


Cheese!


For all you James Bond 007 movie lovers...do you recognize this place?




A panorama of the Titlis, Jungfrau, Monch, Eiger, over the Bernese Alps and the Jura mountains. What an incredible view and wondrous sight.

2 comments:

Madison said...

What awesome photos! It looks like it was a really amazing trip. Will and I will have to look into visiting Switzerland when he gets home.

<3

Elisabeth said...

OH I'm sooooo jealous! I loved Interlaken when I was there! Switzerland is simply beautiful. Looks like you two had fun. I miss you!! Maybe I'll come visit sometime. I'm feeling the need for some European adventures... haha I wish. Love you!