Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Beware!!

If you happen to step away from your oven for 15 min and take a shower...think again.

Because this might happen!




Thankfully, neither Jon nor I were the cause of this incident. A fellow lieutenant in Jon's company, who lives 2 floors above us, has had terrible luck so far with his apartment. While being deployed to Iraq, his apartment flooded. And about 2 weeks ago...his oven BLEW up. Yep...crazy I know. That's what we thought.

Luckily, it only caused a little damage to his kitchen. Jon and I heard this fire alarm going off somewhere in our building and we wondering what was going on. I was cooking some lunch when the fire truck sirens were blazing outside our windows. Before we knew it...a bunch of firefighters (decked out in their complete suits and gas masks) were charging up the stairs. It was quite the spectacle.

So lesson I learned from this story...things can blow up when you least expect them to.

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Well, I'm sure glad it wasn't your oven that blew up!

Jenni Bringhurst :0 said...

I love reading about all your adventures :) So much fun!

The Smith's said...

Allison how are you doing? I loved looking at your blog and gosh you have had so many amazing adventures. Are you just loving it?