Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Being Grateful

Lately I have been extremely grateful for many things...here's a list of my ramblings:

1. Having Jon home again. Jon was gone for about a total of 5.5 weeks for a training exercise on the other side of Germany. This has been the longest separation since we were reunited last summer after his deployment to Iraq. I love having him come home in the evening to share a quiet dinner, to hear who won the stupid award at work for the day (you wouldn't believe some of them), or talking about what our future may hold.

One day Jon was able to escape his 'day job' and go have some fun shooting this puppy. He loved it!


2. A job. I lucked out being able to work from home for Gryphon Airlines again. Granted, there are days when I have to deal with some very grumpy people, but on the whole I really do enjoy what I do.


3. Nieces and Nephews!! When I married Jon I became an instant Aunt to these 3 cuties :) Each one has such a unique personality. Obviously, Aspen is the oldest leading the Dyer Clan charge into the future. Then there is Owen. He is quickly becoming an inspiring young man with his constant motion especially in regards to all things mechanical. Last of the 3 Ben and Amber Clan kids, is Paytyn aka PayPay. I will never forget "my nanas" growl that she let out to Meredith.


Then about a year and a half ago, this little guy came into my life. A music man in the making, he loves to pound away at the piano, pick songs off of the family's iTunes, or strum on his electronic guitar. He takes after the Walker line with his musical talents :)



And last but not definitely least, this adorable 'little' tyke was born into the Dyer clan over a year ago. Jon speaking now, this 'little' boy is no mere Dyer. He is enormous! Taking after the 'big' gene trait of the male Dyers, with those blue eyes that draw you in to how adorable he is. He must get it from his Uncle Jon. Jon out.


I love looking at pictures of all of them as they are growing up. One thing that stinks about living over here in Europe is that I cannot see them more often. I'm so proud of my sisters in raising such awesome children!

4. Parents. Here is a late Mother's Day shout out to my two beautiful mothers. Again, the distance is crummy at times but I love how you are only a phone call away.

Jon here again. Allison and I have the best mothers we could ask for. Each possessing the grace and elegance that is passed to their daughters. We have their pristine examples to what we want our future daughters to grow up to be like. Jon out.

1 comment:

J. said...

Awwww I love this post! Great job! We are so excited to see you guys in a week.. even if it's only for a bit. Better than nothing huh? It's amazing how your family grows when you get married!Good luck with your flight and see you soon!!
Love,
Jaimie, Nate, and Aiden