After the wedding and a two week Christmas break, Jon and I had to part for a short little bit because he still had to finish his engineering officer course and BYU was beckoning me back for my final semester. Around mid-month, I decided to play hookie and fly to Missouri to see Jon receive a certificate saying that he was now mature enough to lead 30 soldiers in the field.
After packing up his stuff and shipping some items to Germany, we drove all the way from Missouri to Utah....what a fun drive (insert sarcastic tone). Thankfully we snuck through the Great Plains without having to navigate through a snowstorm. The trip gave me a chance to 'break in' the car as a new co-owner.
We were able to spend about a week in Utah together. Jon was able to see how I operate on campus as a BYU co-ed and laugh at me while I had to study/do homework in the evening. Jon's parents flew in from Maine to send off their boy for war and we had a little family shin-dig at Mer's Place (The World Famous Dyer Hotel).
No comments:
Post a Comment